2015 SEC Series
sponsored by Terrapin
2015 Dark Nite Series
sponsored by Nite Rider
Tannehill Historical State Park, 12632 Confederate Pkwy, McCalla, Alabama
Map Quest Directions click here.
Race Course Info
The race course will be approx 10 miles in distance. There will be some creek crossings and a good mix of single and double track.
Click here for the course map.
Late fees of $10 will be applied after 11:59 pm, Sunday, March 22nd. Online registration closes at 8:00 pm, Thursday, March 26th. In order to guarantee your custom race dry fit T-shirt you must register before 11:59 pm, Sunday, January March 22nd.
Race Day Registration
There will be race day registration.
*No guarantee of dry fit T-shirt with late or race day registration.
Nite Rider Lighting Rentals
Nite Rider will have their complete 2015 line available for rent at the race for $40.00 per system on a First come First serve basis. For more information or to reserve your light system please email Tommy@niterider.com Nite Rider will also offer to charge light batteries on site at no charge for racers using Nite Rider brand lights and batteries only.
(Racers with alternate brands of lighting systems will have power strips available at the start finish area to charge. Racers are responsible and accept full responsibility for light systems)
RV and campers will be set up in the back overflow parking area which is a grassy field that will serve as the staging area for the race. There will be race signs leading you to this area from the entrance of the park. There will be no power for RV use OR for hook-ups in the staging location for the weekend. Generators are allowed and cooking sources including stoves or grills (mobile/self-contained fire pits only please).
If you are camping in the staging area in a tent or RV Friday night, you must register with the park at the main entrance and pay the park overnight camping fee. Let park services know you are here for the mtb race.
All camping fees (RV or tent) for registered racers on Saturday night are covered with your entry fee. All racers will have access to the restrooms and showers that are only a very short walk away.
Race course will be approximately 1 mile. All parents feel free to ride with kids :Registration is FREE . *ALL PARENTS MUST SIGN A WAIVER FOR PARTICIPANT.
Race Day Timeline
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD TIME
Saturday March 28th
7:00 am Packet Pick up /Race day registration open
9:00 am Packet Pick up/Race day registration closes
9:30 am Racers Meeting
9:45 am Bikes positioned on start line
10:00 am Race start
11:30 am Kids race
Sunday March 29th
10:00 am Race ends
11:30 am Race awards
REGISTRATION FEES / CATEGORIES
|CATEGORIES||Through 2/1/15||3/1/15-3/26/15||Race Day|
(Late Fees applied)
|Solo–Male/Female/SS||$110 Per Person||$130||$140|
|2 Person–Male/Female/Co-ed||$170 Total||$190||$200|
|3-5 Person Male/Female/Co-ed||$320 Total||$340||$350|
|*Corporate (6-10 Riders)||$520 Total||$540||$550|
* Any combination of male, female or all male, all female – teams consist of 6-10 riders
* Any teams listed as co-ed must have at least one female on the team (you can have more but minimal of one).
Rules & Regulations
The 24 hour Mountain Bike Race will start at 10:00 a.m. Your bike should be positioned at the starting line no later than 9:45 a.m.
Mass start: The 24 hour mountain bike race will be a mass start of all race categories at one time. In the event that there is a field of racers over 500 participants we will then exercise the right to have a Le Mans start. As you finish each lap and approach the pit area you may stop in your pit area. Once each racer approaches the timing/finish area:
1. Each rider must dismount off of the bike and run or walk across the timing mat. (Failure to do so may result in DQ)
2. Each racer must have the number plate mounted and visible on the front of the bike.
3. Once you cross through the timing area you may get back on the bike and continue back out on the course or teams may exchange the timing chip within the designated transition area. (all chips must be exchanged within the transition area, failure to do so may result in DQ)
If a team mate has a mechanical out on the course you have a couple of options:
1. Fix your mechanical as quickly as you can and get riding again. You don't have to be self-supportive in this race. If another rider comes along and they have a tool or knowledge to help, you may do so.
2. If a rider that has a mechanical or has a wreck preventing them from finishing the lap , the rider must radio or call into their team to send another team member on course to start a new lap. The new rider must check in at the timing tent before entering on course. Once a racer radios or calls in and reports to CANCEL the lap it is CANCELLED.
Racers may ride as many laps consecutively as they wish. Each racer must ride a minimum of 1 lap during the 24 hour period. All laps must be completed by 10:00 am or they will NOT count. The 24 hour race winners will be the ones that have tallied the most laps at the end of the 24 hours.
TIMING CHIP: Both solo and team racers will receive a timing chip with their team number assigned to it. Your team is responsible for keeping up with this the entire 24 hours. The timing chip must be visible on ankle (left or right) when you pass through the transition area.
All racers who enter the course after 6:00pm on Saturday March 29 must have lights mounted up on bikes. All racers must have a red rear tail light mounted as well and turned on after 6 pm. Safety of racers is our main concern and we ask that all racers abide by these rules. (Failure to do so may result in DQ)
Severe Weather Policy
Unless otherwise posted, race will be held. Safety of all racers is main priority.
Transfer / Refund Policy
There will be no registration transfers or refunds once registration is processed.
Copyright © 2011-2015 Chain Buster Productions - All Rights Reserved